Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Balcony, Revisited

balcony mood board

Whipped up this mood board the other day after not having sufficiently daydreamed about my balcony. A few of the things on here are out of reach, like the $400 iron trellis from Pottery Barn, and the $300 pendant from Ballard Designs. But I like the idea of them!

The other thing I'm considering when I have an extra $100+ laying around is interlocking deck tiles. The flooring on the balcony is by no means unsightly, but it was painted (rather sloppily) light blue and I guess I don't really, uh, get it. Having natural teak would be so lovely.

I think I'm going to go with climbing jasmine for the trellis. It won't survive Montreal's harsh winters in a pot, but I'll just let it die and get a new one the next year. I just hope it will climb enough in a few months to be worth it!

The funky pots are from Terrain, and the adorable bird watering can and the seed bombs are from Anthropologie (can I even get those across the border..?)

And who knows if hummingbirds will ever find that feeder on my balcony in the middle of the city, but I'll try to lure them anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...