Thursday, February 17, 2011

oh my goodness

Well things certainly have gotten a little crazy around here. And by here I guess I mean there because I'm not even in Montreal! I got a great new job offer, but before I can start we have to get government authorizations and work permits, which takes a horrendous amount of time. So I decided to return home to visit my family while we wait for it, but now that I've been here five weeks I'm ready to get back!

Christmas was fabulous and we had a real tree and everything! I didn't have a huge budget for decor but I definitely managed to make the apartment very festive! I'd post some photos on the blog but I feel like that might be a little... out of season so check Flickr for a few peeks.

In the meantime, I'm still dreaming about further sprucing up the apartment, even from thousands of miles away (again). Here's what I'm currently lusting for!

favorite things

1. I just love the trellis pattern on these panels from Z Gallerie. I do worry though that the color might be a little too bold. I'd have to look at them in person, but there are no stores anywhere close to me!

2. Something I've really missed about my parent's house is a nice warm fire to stand in front of. An electric fireplace is a great solution for apartments that weren't blessed with the real thing. And you can also take it with you when you move! I would happily replace our cheap little media console with this baby, even if it does mean finding a new solution for the storage we'd lose.

3. A small, round, tufted ottoman would be the perfect addition to a presently bare spot under our huge living room window. This ottoman, while certainly out of my price range, is the first I've found with the perfect diameter of 27". But I'm sure I'll be able to find something comparable after scouring enough flea markets!

4. I'm obsessed with this rug from Ballard Designs. The colors and Jacobean floral pattern are perfection! Much to my dismay, Ballard is no longer offering this rug in the larger sizes, and I need at least an 8x10. To add insult to injury, all their rugs are 15% off right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...