Monday, October 18, 2010

That tricky entry foyer...

My entryway has posed a bit of challenge to decorate. It's a little awkward with all four sides hosting some sort of doorway, whether it be arches, a front door, or an emergency exit! Really I have two solid corners to work with that all have 24" wall space.

In its current state, I found an adorable little table that serves as the welcoming console... where loose change and car keys get dropped. It fits perfectly in the far corner. We've also put up a row of hooks for coats and scarves, and most recently installed a small shelf to add a little visual interest around the light switch.



I'd love a little bench to sit down on for putting on shoes, but I wasn't sure where I could put one. It can't go under the coats because the front door opens flush against them. But I was perusing Ikea today and discovered this bench. Measuring in at 27" wide and just under a foot deep, it would fit quite snugly in the frame of the otherwise awkward emergency exit door. The cushion could easily be recovered to add some much needed color. I just hope it wouldn't be awkward so close to the console table, but I suppose that could always be rotated to face outward.

I also like the idea of sticking this shoe cabinet next to the front door and removing the shelf in order to eradicate the sloppy pile of shoes that always accumulates in that corner. It's quite narrow so it would just fit in that skinny space, and painted white I think it'd work quite well.

And I still need some sort of rug for the floor! What do you prefer in your entryways?

Looks like I have some shopping to do!

À tantôt!

xoxo Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...