Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall is upon us...


I've always found fall to be such an elusive season. The weather always seems too warm for September and by the time you notice the crisper air and beautiful foliage, it lasts what seems only a few days before it disappears entirely and the temperature has a little too much bite. Since I took this photo only a week ago, the leaves have all fallen off and the sky is dreary gray. I daresay it'll only be a few more weeks before we start seeing snowflakes piling delicately on the wrought iron balcony...

I've made an effort to prolong the season as much as I can before jumping headfirst into the holiday season (a difficult temptation to resist, I have to admit) by adding little fall flourishes throughout the apartment, and filling the air with smells of cinnamon and pumpkin spice.

Here's to another month of hot apple cider and warm pumpkin pie, even if it's already snowing outside!

xoxo Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...