Monday, February 22, 2010

3 Weeks til Go Time...

This weekend I made the two hour trip up to British Columbia to take a first aid course from St. John Ambulance. Naturally I was the only American in the course and there was a lot of friendly banter from the Canadians about the impending US vs Canada hockey game. It was a fun trip and I went to Tim Horton's way too much.

So, now I've completed one of four steps to become certified to lifeguard in Canada. I'm still waiting on word from the Lifesaving Society about receiving permission to skip the first two steps and go straight to the final National Lifeguard course. As soon as that happens I'll finalize all my plans and get my last plane ticket. Exciting!

More exciting news, I've received a job offer for a senior lifeguard/moniteur position at a small community pool in Montreal! I had applied for assistant manager but they decided it would be better to go with returning staff in spite of my extensive experience. They said it was really tough choice but they really wanted to have me on staff anyway.

Only three weeks until I fly to Montreal and start settling into the apartment! We're really getting down to the wire here!

Until next time,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...